Gresham Insurance CompanyCompletion of sale
1 April 2005
On 3 February 2005, Legal & General Group Plc (the Group) announced that it had agreed in principle to sell its 90% stake in Gresham Insurance Company Ltd to Barclays Bank , which already owned the remaining 10% stake.
The transaction has been completed and the exceptional profit arising from the sale will be reflected in the Group's 2005 Interim Results.
Peter Horsman, Head of Investor Relations
020 7528 6362
John Morgan, Media Relations Director
020 7528 6213