Training and Developing our Staff
It's also critical that we take care of our staff by enabling them to stay up to date, improve their performance and prepare for future jobs. The principles underlying our training and development programme, and the support we provide, are contained within our training and development policy. Our main aims are to:
- Develop employees to meet the company's current and future needs within the appropriate business and cost constraints.
- Encourage employees to undertake professional development through internal and external means, which will be of benefit both to themselves and to their role within the company. Our Lifelong Learning Centre provides a range of materials from language tapes to computer skills courses.
- Make training and development available to all employees irrespective of age, race, gender, disability or any other discriminatory factors in line with our Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Where possible, promote from within the organisation.
- Maintain and act upon the Personal Development Plan created for employees through the Performance Management framework.